Colin Plant Associates has been involved in specialist invertebrate survey work for more than 30 years. Following the retirement of the founding Partner in 2017, we have continued to deliver a variety of work across a broad range of commercial and non-commercial projects.
We have an expert knowledge of the British invertebrate fauna, including all the major terrestrial and aquatic groups used in ecological assessment. We have worked in a wide range of habitats across Britain and have particular experience of the assessment of post-industrial sites in the Thames Gateway in south-east England, an exceptionally rich area for invertebrates.
We have carried out or contributed specialist input to various impact assessments, working both directly for clients and as subcontractors on many projects including:
• Housing developments
• Major road and rail developments
• Pipeline and cable routing schemes
• Siting studies for new towns
• Decomissioned power stations
• Flood and coastal defences
AND INVENTORY WORK
We have also undertaken numerous works on sites designated for conservation, including SSSIs and nature reserves, providing species inventories, making condition assessments and advising on optimal management for invertebrates.
These clients have included the RSPB, Natural England, the National Trust and Thames Water.
SKILLS & SERVICES
• Site evaluation and scoping surveys for invertebrates
• Experience with numerous invertebrate sampling techniques
• Identification of a wide range of invertebrate taxa
• Report writing, including the analysis and interpretation of invertebrate site inventories and the use of PANTHEON
Please feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
if you wish to discuss a potential project or request a quote.
Colin Plant Associates (UK) is a Limited Liability Partnership
Registered in England, Number OC302222
Registered Office: 30a Alexandra Road, London, N8 0PP, UK.
Managing Partner: Marcel Ashby; Partner: Tristan Bantock